One of Roanoke’s largest parks, Fallon Park is home to one of the city’s two outdoor pools and the region’s only all-season Cyclocross course. The Tinker Creek Greenway extends through Fallon Park, making it easily accessible by bike or on foot. Roanoke Parks and Recreation hosts several recreational programs at Fallon Park each year, including swimming lessons and the SummerCross cyclocross race series.
FALLON PARK Amenities:
- Olympic-Sized Outdoor Pool
- All Season Cyclocross Course
- ADA Accessible Playground
- 40 x 40′ Picnic Shelter with Nine Tables and a Grill
- Two, ADA Accessible Baseball/Softball Fields
- Basketball Court
- ADA Accessible Tennis Courts
- Two, ADA Accessible Restrooms
- Tinker Creek Greenway Access
Fallon Park Pool
The outdoor swimming facility at Fallon Park has an Olympic-sized 360,000-gallon pool. Lanes range from three to five feet deep and each pool has a 12-foot diving well. Diving boards and dual water slides are available for pool users who know how to swim. The Fallon Park public pool area also includes a concession stand and picnic shelter area. Deck chairs and chaise lounges are available for relaxing poolside. The Fallon Park Pool is operated by Virginia Gators, Inc. Please contact Morgan Richter at email@example.com for more information.
The Department will follow all VDH and CDC guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our staff an patrons. As of now, here are the following COVID-related restrictions:
- 75% capacity limit (225 people)
- Admission is first come, first served
- Patron are required to answer COVID screening questions prior to admittance
- Masks are required when entering/exiting the facility, purchasing concessions, or using the restrooms
Hour of Operation
Pending Health Department approval, the pools will open on June 4 and will close for the season on August 15.
Sunday – Thursday 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Friday & Saturday 12:00pm – 7:00pm
Ages 16+: $3
Ages 5-15: $2
Ages 4 and under: Free
Fallon Park Cyclocross Course
Each year, Roanoke’s Cyclocross course brings hundreds of riders from across the region for events such as GO Cross and SeptemberCross. The course features barriers, run-ups, sand pits, grass and single track riding.
If you’re interested in hosting a race at Fallon Park’s Cyclocross Course, contact Renee Powers, Outdoor Recreation Supervisor for Trails and Trail Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-853-5867.