Kids to Parks Day is an annual, nation-wide event that encourages outdoor play and adventure. Organized by the National Park Trust, municipalities across the nation participate each year. To celebrate Kids to Parks Day, Roanoke Parks and Recreation is hosting an Instagram Photo Scavenger Hunt! Here’s how to participate:
- Follow @playroanoke on Instagram and be sure your account is set to “public” between Friday, May 17, 2019 and Monday, May 20, 2019.
- Go on an outing to a City of Roanoke Park with your kids anytime between the scavenger hunt reveal on Friday, May 17, 2019 and the closing of the parks at 11 p.m. on Sunday, May 19, 2019.
- Take photos using the challenge list (CLICK HERE FOR LIST!!!).
- Using the “multiple photos” option, post 10 photos to a single Instagram post: the 2 required photos and 8 of any of the other photos from the scavenger hunt list.
- In the description tell us about your day and use these four tags: @Playroanoke, @kidstoparksday, #playroanoke and #NokeK2P
- Your account must be public, and your post must include all four tags in the description as well as all 10 photos: the 2 required photos and 8 other scavenger hunt photos.
- One post per account and one photo per list item.
- The post must be made before 11 p.m. on Sunday, May 19, 2019 to be entered to win.
- All participants who meet the requirements will be entered in a drawing. Three winners will be randomly drawn and announced on Instagram on Monday, May 20, 2019.