Celebrate Independence Day with PLAY Roanoke on Sunday, July 2 at River’s Edge South.
Music & Fun Zone!
5:00 PM – 9:30 PM
Bring the whole family to celebrate during Independence weekend at River’s Edge South. This FREE Festival will have inflatables, trampolines, and more! Hang out and enjoy FREE Music until 9:30 PM with beer for sale and a variety of food truck options all day. The FUN Zone will be open from 5:00 PM – 9:30 PM.
5 Points Music Sanctuary lineup:
6:00 – 7:00 PM: Jared Stout Band
7:15 – 8:15 PM: Dead Reckoning (set 1)
8:30 – 9:30 PM: Dead Reckoning (set 2)
Free Fireworks Display
River’s Edge Park
Starting at 9:30 PM
Look to the sky above River’s Edge North for a 15-minute firework show starting at 9:30 PM. Spectators may gather at River’s Edge South for easy viewing but be sure you read the FAQs below for information on road and park closures that day to help you navigate to the show.
Location: River’s Edge Park – South
Where can I park?
- Carilion’s parking garage
What can I bring to the concert?
- Chairs and blankets are strongly encouraged!
- This event is rain or shine. No tents are allowed inside the park.
- Outside food and water is permitted, but no outside alcohol. There will be food trucks and alcohol for purchase.
Misc Concert/Festival Information
- Food and beverages including beer will be available for sale inside the park. Everyone wanting to purchase beer must be 21+ and will be ID’d so please bring your ID.
- Beer Ticket sales – Cash and card accepted!
- Pets are allowed during the festival. Please take proper precautions if necessary and clean up after your pet.
Fireworks will be set off from River’s Edge Park – North
River’s Edge Park North will be closed to visitors, parking, and foot traffic. Festival attendees and fireworks watchers should go to River’s Edge Park South. See additional details below.
The show will be approximately 150′ above River’s Edge Park North.
Please select your viewing spot at River’s Edge Park South off Wiley Drive early to avoid traffic closer to the show. We recommend getting set up by about 8:30 for the best experience.
Prevent hazards and unsafe situations. You may not pull-over on major roads or park in non-designated areas during the show. River’s Edge North will be closed to visitors for the day to ensure safety while the fireworks are being loaded.
*Please note: there will be NO shuttles this year.
Road & Parking Closures
The following locations will be closed to parking:
- Reserve Ave (after 3pm)
- Wiley Drive (after 3pm)
- River’s Edge North Park parking lot (all day)
The following roads will be closed:
At 5 pm:
- Reserve Ave between the hotel and the corner of Jefferson/Reserve
- Wiley Dr
At 9:00 pm
- Jefferson from Reserve Ave to the Hospital will be closed
10:00 pm (ish): All Roads will re-open after an all clear from the fire marshal
What if it rains?
If it is safe to have the show, it will happen.
In the event of severe weather, the show may be cancelled or postponed to later in the evening. Follow Play Roanoke on Facebook for to-the-minute updates.