Greenway Hours: Daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Overnight camping is prohibited in City of Roanoke parks and/or along greenways.
Please keep the following rules in mind while enjoying the greenways:
Please follow these guidelines to ensure your safety, and the safety of other greenway users, while enjoying the beauty of Roanoke’s unique park, greenway, and trail network.
- Avoid walking more than two people abreast: This allows other users to pass safely. Please form a single line in congested areas or when others are trying to pass.
- Stay to the right, pass on the left: Please always stay to the right of the greenway trail, unless you are passing.
- Cyclists should always ride single file, announce themselves when passing, and travel at a safe speed: Please slow down in congested areas–especially ones with reduced visibility–or during hazardous weather conditions. Always maintain a safe speed that allows you to brake and turn quickly. Remember that pedestrians always have the right-of-way.
- Keep dogs on a leash: All four-legged greenway users must be kept on a leash that is six feet long or shorter. Always pick up after your pet and dispose of animal waste.
- Avoid standing still on the greenway: This helps prevent collisions. Please step off of the greenway if you need to pause or take a rest.
- Hide any valuables you intend to leave in your vehicle: To prevent theft, hide any valuables from sight in your car. Please remember to also lock your car doors.
- Teach your children proper greenway etiquette: Prevent accidents involving children by ensuring that your children understand these rules and how to be safe on the greenway.
- Listen for others: Headphones may impair your ability to hear and react to potentially dangerous situations.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed on Roanoke’s greenways, trails, or parks. ADA-approved electronic personal mobility devices are allowed. Beginning July 1, 2020, all classes of E-bikes ARE allowed.
- Wear a helmet: Cyclists, roller skaters/bladers, and skateboard users should always wear helmets.