Summer P.L.A.Y. Camp
Starting June 20!
Offered at three different community recreation centers in Roanoke, the Positive Learning and Adventure for Youth (P.L.A.Y.) program is designed to give children a place to receive homework assistance and participate in enrichment activities while enjoying a safe, welcoming and positive after-school care environment. Activities include sports and games, visits from special speakers or instructors, arts and crafts, and more. All activities focus on overall youth development.
- Participants must be in grades kindergarten through fifth (ages five to eleven)
- P.L.A.Y. costs $150/month per child, billed monthly (see full billing details below)
- Program runs Monday-Friday from 2:30 – 6:00 p.m.*
- Fall 2022 P.L.A.Y. will run August 23 – December 21*
- Homeschooled students must meet the enrollment requirements above in order to participate
* The P.LA.Y. program does not run during Roanoke City Public School closure days (including holidays and inclement weather closures)
The P.L.A.Y. program takes place at at three recreation centers in the city:
- Preston Recreation Center: 540-853-2770
- Grandin Court Recreation Center: 540-853-2446
- Eureka Recreation Center: 540-853-2675
To register, please check with the recreation center directly to determine space availability. There is no online registration.
- PAYMENTS BY AUTOMATIC DRAFT ONLY – You can use your VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express to make payments.
- The P.L.A.Y. After School has a no cash or check policy.
- Payments are drafted on the last Friday of each month for the following month.
- Outstanding balances on your account must be paid in full or your child cannot attend the program.
- If there are extenuating circumstances that do not allow for you and your family to work within this pay structure, please submit a letter stating your needs to a Parks and Recreation Staff Member. They will route your letter to the Parks and Recreation Director for approval.