One of the roomier parks on the north side of town, Washington Park features an array of features including one of Roanoke’s two public outdoor swimming pools, a playground, Lick Run Greenway access, exercise equipment and a basketball court on the topside of the park. The bottom section of the park is home to another playground and basketball court, a shelter and restrooms.
Washington Park Amenities:
- Outdoor Swimming Pool
- Two playgrounds
- Basketball Courts
- Exercise Equipment
- 23′ x 28′, ADA Accessible Picnic Shelter with 4 Tables, 2 Grills and Restrooms in Lower Park
- 23 x 33 Picnic Shelter with 4 Tables and 1 Grill in the Upper Park
- Lick Run Greenway Access
Washington Park POOL
The outdoor swimming facility at Washington Park has an Olympic-sized 360,000-gallon pool. Lanes range from three to five feet deep and each pool has a 12-foot diving well. Diving boards and dual water slides are available for pool users who know how to swim. The Fallon Park public pool area also includes a concession stand and a picnic shelter. Deck chairs and chaise lounges are available for relaxing poolside.
The Department will follow all VDH and CDC guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our staff an patrons. As of now, here are the following COVID-related restrictions:
- 75% capacity limit (225 people)
- Admission is first come, first served
- Patron are required to answer COVID screening questions prior to admittance
- Masks are required when entering/exiting the facility, purchasing concessions, or using the restrooms
Hour of Operation
Pending Health Department approval, the pools will open on June 4 and will close for the season on August 15.
Sunday – Thursday 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Friday & Saturday 12:00pm – 7:00pm
Ages 16+: $3
Ages 5-15: $2
Ages 4 and under: Free