Interested in adopting a City of Roanoke park? Our Adopt-A-Park program is a great way to give back to your community and support our city’s public spaces.
The Adopt-A-Park program enables community members, civic groups, organizations, and individuals to give back to their local parks. Adopters assist our Parks and Recreation department staff with trash removal and beautification efforts, keeping these public spaces clean and welcoming for all visitors.
- Any local community organization, business, or individual (18+) is eligible to Adopt-A-Park
- Adopters must work with Parks and Recreation staff to organize a minimum of four park cleanups per year
- Adopters must agree to a minimum of two year adoption period
Parks Currently Adopted:
★ Brown-Robertson Park – Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club
★ Horton Park – Straight Street
★ Loudon Park – Glenn & Lawson Trash Removal & Cleaning Services
★ Lakewood Park – Ferguson Fitness
★ Smith Park – Star City Riders Motorcycle Club
★ Wasena Park – Secular Humanists of Roanoke
If you are interested in adopting a park, first review the Adopt-A-Park Guidelines and determine if the park you are interested in is eligible. Then, contact us at email@example.com for additional information.
Parks not eligible for adoption include:
- Carvins Cove
- Elmwood Park
- Garden City Recreation Center and Park
- Grandin Court Recreation Center and Park
- Mill Mountain Park
- River’s Edge Park
- Villa Heights Park
- All Greenways
- All Plazas
- Any park currently under an adoption agreement (see above)
Adopted Parks Map
Parks shown in blue are available for adoption.
Parks shown in gray are not available for adoption.