The City of Roanoke’s Department of Parks and Recreation recently updated their website, giving it a modern and user-friendly new look. To access the website’s full functionality, please make sure that your browser, preferably Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox, is up-to-date.
These improvements include:
- New upcoming event calendar and activity search functionality
- Updated digital trail maps for Mill Mountain Park and Carvins Cove Natural Reserve
- New parks and facilities map, with information about each of the city’s parks, recreation centers and plazas
- Modern website architecture that fluidly responds to all mobile device sizes
- Translation options for Virginia’s top 10 most frequently spoken languages
To help you navigate the new site, here is a quick video walkthrough that highlights some of the new website’s key features: