1. NFL Youth flag Football (Spring)
Flag football is a fun team sport and a great way to introduce your child to football without worrying about contact. Games are run in a “pick-up” format based on the child’s age group. One-hour games take place at the same time every Saturday morning for the duration of the season, which typically runs between April and June each year. Players must be between age 5 and 13. Age is determined as of April 1 of the current season. Teams are assembled based on the player’s age. The age divisions are: 5 – 7, 8 – 9, and 10 – 13.
Coaches from each age group can schedule an optional single, one-hour practice each week. If you’re a coach and would like to schedule practice time, please contact Doug Stevens, Roanoke Parks and Recreation Athletics Supervisor, at 540-853-1111 or email@example.com to coordinate a time.
2. YOUTH Football and Cheerleading (FALL)
Roanoke’s Youth Football and Cheerleading seasons run from September through October each year. Youth must be between age 5 and 12.
The age divisions are as follows: Flag (Ages 5-6), Biddy (Ages 7-8), PeeWee (Ages 9-10), and Little (Ages 11-12).
Biddy, PeeWee, and Little are TACKLE FOOTBALL leagues.
Age is determined as of October 1 of the current season with the following exception: Five (5) year olds must turn five (5) by August 1st of the current season. To register for Youth Football, please contact the recreation club that serves the region in Roanoke where you live.
Youth Tackle Football registrations usually open in June and will be taken until a deadline set by each individual recreation club. Additionally, players may be added to a team roster up until the first game of the season (while roster spots are available).
- Region 1 (Star City): Registration: Contact Doug Taborn (540-986-6367) or Sandy Bond (540-345-9367) or register online here
- Region 2 (Williamson Road): Registration: Contact Chris Dooley (540-366-1942)
- Region 3 (South City): Registration: Contact Amanda Ashby (540-597-8383) or register online here
- Region 4 (Greater Southwest Athletics): Registration: Register online here