The City of Roanoke is taking preventative measures and updating the public through this webpage. Please visit it for up-to-date information about the virus and the City’s response.
Roanoke Parks and Recreation is taking the following steps to minimize the potential spread of the virus:
- Beginning June 15, recreation centers will open for normal business hours (as staffing allows). Some restrictions on masks and occupancy may still be in effect.
- All greenways are currently open. Wiley Drive, however, remains closed at this time. Please click here to learn more.
- All public restrooms in parks, including port-a-johns, are now open.
- Playgrounds are outfitted with hand-sanitizer stations
- Our parks are open, but we strongly encourage residents to practice social distancing and good hygiene.
- The Fishburn Mansion is closed to the public.
- The Discovery Center is currently closed.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out over the phone or electronically. Please call us at 540-853-2236, email us at email@example.com, or message us on Facebook or Instagram. Our offices are open by appointment only at this time, but will likely be open to the general public on June 15. Please see below for answers to frequently asked questions and reliable sources for COVID-19 information.