The City of Roanoke is taking preventative measures and updating the public through this webpage. Please visit it for up-to-date information about the virus and the City’s response.
Roanoke Parks and Recreation is taking the following steps to minimize the potential spread of the virus:
- Most programs will begin again after July 6. These programs will be limited to 10 people (including instructors) and will have proper safety measures in place.
- All greenways are currently open. Wiley Drive, however, remains closed at this time. Please click here to learn more.
- All public restrooms in parks, including port-a-johns, are now open.
- As of now, our parks are open, but we strongly encourage residents to practice social distancing and good hygiene.
- The Fishburn Mansion is closed to the public.
- The Discovery Center is closed.
- Due to COVID-19 and budget constraints, the Fallon Park and Washington Park pools are closed for the 2020 summer season. As of now, they’re also closed for the 2021 summer season, but there are on-going discussions regarding fundraising to open them in 2021. The City will keep the public updated on the situation.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out over the phone or electronically. Please call us at 540-853-2236, email us at email@example.com, or message us on Facebook or Instagram. Our offices are open by appointment only at this time. Please see below for answers to frequently asked questions and reliable sources for COVID-19 information.