Space Cross is Sunday, 9/27 at Fallon Park.
Brand new for 2020 and totally weird, we bring you Space Cross. A one-day, homegrown cyclo-cross event unlike any other!
Race in a heat of up to 12 people on the Fallon Park cyclocross course. With races spread throughout the day, a wide open starting corral, and a probing *ehem, pre-screening* for everyone, we’re making space for lowest possible risk. Scroll down for full covid race adjustments.
New to cyclocross? No problem, brush up on the details here. Racers at all levels are welcome. Racers will ride the one-mile mixed surface CX course at Fallon Park, which will be set one day in advance for course practice. Competitors must be nine years old or older. Sadly, spectators are not welcome or encouraged, but are allowed to post signs for encouragement along the course. Youth will be allowed one accompanying adult in check-in and finish areas.
Costumes are highly encouraged, and will be photographed and rewarded.
- Registration is $25 each, plus $10 for each additional race per racer. All online, no onsite registration.
Register by 9/20 to get a guaranteed spot.
Waitlist registration will be open 9/21-9/25.
All registration closes at midnight on 9/25.
- The race day schedule will come out on Monday, 9/21 with heat times and racer assignments. Any open spots in heats will then be filled from the waitlist. (For example: If 18 Single Speeders sign up by 9/20, there will two heats of 12 scheduled and so 6 Single Speed spots will be available to waitlisters. First come, first serve.)
RACES & CATEGORIES:
Races will have a set number of laps for each category. These are the categories in heat order and approximate race lengths. Men & Women may be combined depending on registration.
- Beginner Men (cat 4/5, 30 min)
- Beginner Women (cat 4/5, 30 min)
- Single Speed (30 min)
- Sport Men (cat 2/3, 45 min)
- Sport Women (cat 2/3, 45 min)
- Junior 9-14 (30 min)
- Junior 15-18 (30 min)
- Expert Men (cat 1/2, 45 min)
- Expert Women (cat 1/2, 45 min)