This summer, we encourage you to accept the #7Peaks7Weeks challenge and climb seven peaks in just seven weeks! Roanoke 7 Summits is an annual hiking tradition is presented by Roanoke Parks and Recreation. Join us for all seven, or simply come along for your favorite hikes. Guided hikes take place on Thursdays and Saturdays. You’ll get a chance to explore local trails, experience Roanoke’s stunning fall foliage, and make new friends while challenging yourself!
Throughout the challenge, you’ll be invited to free educational workshops. Plus, each week you will receive an email with more information about the upcoming hike and how to prepare. At the end of the seven weeks, we’ll meet for the Roanoke 7 Summits celebration at Roanoke GO Fest 2017 in mid-October.
For $25.00, you will receive a Roanoke 7 Summits t-shirt, access to amazing sponsor giveaways, weekly emails with trail information and tips, and an invite to the 7 Summits Celebration at GO Fest! If you have any questions about the program, please contact the program supervisor, Matt Allenbaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-853-1236.
#7Peaks7Weeks Photo Contest:
The two participants who post the most summit selfies with the hashtag #7peaks7weeks on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, will win this Keen duffel bag full of goodies. Remember to tag @PlayRoanoke and share your photos with us!
If you’d like to join a guided hike, please register for each hike individually in advance. Registration links provided below. Guided hikes cost $6 and include transportation and leadership. Please bring water, snacks, and appropriate footwear and clothing for trekking in the hinterlands!
- Mill Mountain: Thursday, August 10 | Saturday, August 12
- Read Mountain: Thursday, August 17 | Saturday, August 19
- Poor Mountain: Thursday, August 24 | Saturday, August 26
- Sharp Top: Thursday, August 31 | Saturday, September 2
- Dragon’s Tooth: Thursday, September 7 | Saturday, September 9
- Tinker Cliffs: Thursday, September 14 | Saturday, September 16
- McAfee Knob: Thursday, September 21 | Saturday, September 23