PLAY Roanoke has completed its 2019-2028 Master Plan. Since March 2018, the department gathered citizen input regarding the future of parks and recreation in our city through community meetings, online form submissions, and online and print surveys. You can see some of the visual feedback here!
This valuable input helped us determine the City’s vision for parks, greenways, and other facilities.
On Monday, August 5, the Roanoke City Council formally adopted the final Master Plan. Click here to read the final plan.
How Did We Gather Input?
- We held four community input meetings around the City in March to hear what residents thought we were doing well and what we could improve upon.
- We had a community input form on the website from March until October for citizens to continue to provide feedback.
- In May, stat-valid surveys were mailed out to randomly selected residents. They contained a stamped return envelope to make the process as simple as possible.
- At the same time the surveys were mailed, an online survey was made available on this website for everyone to complete.
- Several drafts of the plan were presented to City Council and posted to our website for citizen feedback.