July is Parks and Recreation Month, and we’ve got an adventure planned for you! Each week in July, we’re hiding Noke the Gnome (pronounced “No-key”) in one of our 71 parks, plazas, or greenways! We will release clues (five per week) guiding people to the park he’s in and where he’s hiding! The person who finds Noke first will win an awesome prize!
NEW THIS YEAR!
Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner! Bojangles has joined as a sponsor! Not only does that mean bigger and better prizes, but we’ll also be giving away eight Bojangles Tailgate boxes! If you find a chicken hidden in our parks, you’ll win your very own chicken picnic from Bojangles!
CAN I WIN WITHOUT FINDING NOKE?
Yes! If you take pictures of yourself/your family looking for Noke, and tag Play Roanoke, you’re entered win prizes as well! The person with the most creative picture will win a $50 Visa gift card! So make sure you’re letting everyone know about your search for Noke and/or a chicken!
Here’s how it will work
- The first clue will be released each Monday (beginning July 1) ONLY by WFXR, so tune into Good Day at to get a head start!
- The rest of the clues will be released on our social media platforms Tuesday-Saturday until someone finds Noke!
- If you find him, he will have instructions on what to do next!
- After he’s found, Noke the Gnome will hide in another park the next week (four different parks, one in each quadrant of the city).
- Tag PLAY Roanoke in pictures of you and your family searching for Noke, and you’ll be entered to win some Parks and Recreation swag!