The last day of GO Fest is just as fun as the two days prior. The hardest part of this final day is saying goodbye to an amazing weekend and starting the countdown to next year. But before you open your countdown app and punch in GO Fest 2020, go enjoy yourself one more time! Plus, learn how you can keep fueling your adventurous side throughout the year.
Day three is perfect for vising your favorite vendors a second time, trying out a demo you may have missed, or testing out that new kayak for the fourth, fifth, (or sixth?!) time. Some of the events on day three include Carilion Children’s Hospital Kid Bike Race for ages 2-5, ladies-focused casting lessons with Trout Unlimited, and the Walkabout Outfitter Wild Gear Chase.
Come early and spend the day on the climbing wall, finessing your paddling skills, cheering on the dock dogs, or riding on the GO Fest pump track. Get lunch at one of the many food trucks parked and serving within the festival. Or if you’re ready to simply chill out, pop in your headphones and relax at the ENO Lotus Lounge. And new this year, we’ll be offering music on Sunday! Check out our acoustic stage for the perfect Sunday Funday lounge music.
Coping with the GO Fest Hangover.
If you’ve been to this festival each year, you know what the GO Fest hangover feels like. It’s like being a kid again, waking up after the best birthday party you’ve ever had. It’s over? It’s really over?! Yeah, familiar with the feeling, too. But fear not! Roanoke has tons to help combat the withdrawal symptoms:
- Grab a bike and hit the greenway, the parkway, or the trails at Carvins Cove.
- Explore the blueways on your new kayak, canoe, or stand-up paddleboard. Didn’t buy one? Rent one from a local shop.
- Meet new friends by joining a club or group that shares your same interests. Be it running, biking, hiking, or gardening—find what fuels you!
- Take a hike on a Mill Mountain, at Carvins Cove, or even a portion of the Appalachian Trail.
- Go for a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway and enjoy all the scenic stops.
- Take the family for a weekend camping trip at any of the numerous campgrounds throughout the region.
- Catch a sunset (or sunrise!) on McAfee’s Knob.
- Try out a new fitness program at a local gym or studio.
- Join one of our many classes/programs throughout the year. We have everything from arts to caving! Our programs are designed for folks of all ages and experience levels. Explore the different class options here.
One of the best ways to experience GO Fest is through volunteering! You get to be a part of the team that makes this three-day, annual event a reality. Each year, hundreds of volunteers join the GO Fest team to help facilitate a great experience. Click here to see available volunteer slots.
Learn more about each of the events at GO Fest, and keep up with the latest schedule additions here.